Boom VisionTM Podcast
Episode 25: Creating Momentum: Magic Starts When You Meet In The Middle!
Movie Quote: “Why do I stand up here, anybody? To feel taller? No! Thank you for playing Mr. Dalton. I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way.” – John Keating played by Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society.
Folks, have you ever been in a situation in your life where you make progress in taking 10 steps forward, but somehow get pushed back 8 steps? It's like you're making efforts to move forward, but life somehow knocks you back a few steps and you can't figure out why?
Quote: "Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world." - Joel A. Barker
This quote really resonates with me because you can't be impactful without having both components. In today's episode, I'm going to share the magic of looking at things differently. Where does the magic start? How do you create momentum? Real magic starts when you meet in the middle. What do I mean by that? In today's episode, I will share:
- Tailwinds vs. Headwinds
- Inner work vs. Outer work
- Why you need to do both inner and outer work simultaneously
- IQ Question: Plastic Water Bottle
- I'll share action steps how you can help solve something you're currently stuck with.
[1:55] - Hi folks, welcome back to episode 25 of the Boom Vision podcast! The title of today's topic is: Real magic starts when you meet in the middle!
[2:55] - Tailwinds vs. Headwinds
[4:08] - Inner work vs. Outer work
Inner Work: your imagination, voice and intuition. This is the inner work that amplifies your outer reality, which is your business, your career and your life. I cover this 3 core pillars in depth in Episodes 2 (Voice), 3 (Imagination), and 4 (Intuition).
Outer Work: soil, water and sun.
- Soil: The environment that you're rooted in.
- Water: Are you consistently watering your mind on a daily basis to nurture your mental growth?
- Sun: Where are you getting your sun rays from? What are you doing on a intentional basis to nourish and feed your soul that brings you joy and happiness?
[5:23] - Why is it important to do both?
Example: Vision versus your SOS (Subconscious Operating System) programing: Boston marathon versus 5K language.
- Inner Voice <> Soil
- Imagination <> Watering your Mind
- Intuition <> Sun Rays
Can you see how everything is interconnected?
[7:38] - Happiness doesn't happen after you achieve success. You have understand what your sun rays are and start experiencing them first to get clarity in the coordinates that you are feeding your SOUL GPS. That way your intuition is guiding you towards the direction that's in alignment with your soul and your life's purpose.
[8:12] - IQ Question: Plastic Water Bottle
Question: How do you test the efficiency of this plastic water bottle?
[9:52] 2 main reasons why I shared this IQ question.
1. By asking a different question from an opposite direction, it may possibly lead to the answer you're looking for. If you came solving your problem from the opposite direction or angle, instead of top down, go from bottom up. Do you arrive at the same answer?
2. Have you ever heard of that saying where: don't be attached to the outcome?
[13:30] - Main Takeaway: Magic happens when you meet at the middle!
When you meet in the middle, beauty is in the middle! When you have clarity of what you want to attract, and you let go of that expectation so you un-attach yourself from the outcome, something magical happen. Magic happens in that middle! In moments you least expect it, you'll attract what you have clarity on into your life.
[14:47] - Action Steps:
1. Identify something in your life where you feel a bit stuck. Something where if you are taking 10 steps forward but somehow you're knocked 8 steps back.
2. CAL Method
C: Calm. Find a way to calm your mind.
A: Awareness. Bring awareness to what factors might be pushing or pulling you in the situation that you are in.
L: Language. Asking multi-directional questions.
- Do you use the language "why is this happening TO me?" vs "why is this happing FOR me?"
- Are you using language like "what do I need to do to solve this problem" versus "who can I ask to help me see this differently?"
- It's difficult to read your own label when you're inside your own jar.
[17:07] - "Be curious, not judgmental." - Walt Whitman quote
[17:21] - Final Thoughts
Quote: “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl
Folks, I hope with today's topic and action steps, you gain a different perspective on how to create magic in your life. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein.
What can you do differently to help you move pass, around, over or under the road block you might be currently facing? By working on both your inner work and outer work together, you are giving yourself the space and breathing room for magic to spark in your life.
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Send me a DM on IG (@benjaminyeh), or leave a comment and review if you resonate with today's episode!
Free Digital Download!
Don't just move your body, move your SOUL!
Want to feel more confidence, healing energy, or high energy? Subscribe to my Boom Vision email list and get access to 3 of my curated playlists! + BONUS free digital download of my 1-Minute Breathwork Meditation Exercise!