Boom VisionTM Podcast
Episode 8: How to Access Your Intuition Through Emotions with Jonathan Liu
“Who's your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong, Bing Bong! His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" Bing Bong, Bing Bong…” - Bing Bong and Joy in Inside Out.
Today's show we’re going to talk about emotions, and why emotions is so important to be able to activate your intuition. In today's interview, we dive into:
- Jonathan's origin story.
- What are the 4 bodies that everyone has?
- What's a common myth in his field of expertise?
- How can folks shift their perspectives of emotions?
- Hurt does NOT heal over time.
- What Jonathan would say to his younger self.
[1:01] - “Who's your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong, Bing Bong! His rocket makes you yell "Hooray!" Bing Bong, Bing Bong…" - Bing Bong and Joy in Inside Out.
[1:24] - I'm excited to share today's episode because I interview an old friend that's helped my journey in recalibrating my IA (Internal Alternator). I first met Jonathan about 9 years ago, at it wasn't until this year that we recently reconnected after launching Boom Vision. It's funny how life works that way. when your energy changes as you evolve, you attract people with similar vibrations. In terms of Jonathan's bio:
[2:05] - Jonathan Liu is a Soul Freedom Coach and specializes in helping entrepreneurs and business professionals remove or dissolve energetic and emotional blocks so that they can achieve their goals and manifest their dreams faster without hustling harder or working longer hours. Jonathan began his healing journey in 2009 after experiencing a spiritual and emotional awakening in a Theta Healing session. Since then, he has been learning and evolving as a transformational coach and healer, helping hundreds of clients overcome emotional blocks and feeling peace, joy, and fulfillment in their lives.
His mission is to help people realize that they have unlimited power and potential from within, and can create their reality by going within themselves, and remembering who they truly are. Jonathan lives in Austin, TX and loves traveling, being with nature, and exploring different cultures and people alongside his wife Bridget and daughter Nylah.
I'm excited to reconnect with my friend Jonathan, so let's dive right in!:
[3:29] - Jonathan's origin story.
- Grew up in Southern California.
- Started getting into trouble in HS, different crowd, was incarcerated.
- After getting out, he experienced a Theta Healing session. Brought back the past of someone that past away, Jonathan experienced a life changing emotional moment.
- Career: Theta Healing, Master of Emotions, Soul Freedom Coach.
[7:49] - (BY) What would you say is your superpower?
Helping people emotions, dissolve stuck emotions to help people rewrite their past stories.
[9:46] - Emotions: (BY) How do you define emotions? What times of clients have you served? and what has been the most common reason why clients come to you for your help?
(JL) 1. Emotions are simply a feeling.
2. Emotions is energy, it just needs to flow.
Who I serve: I work with people with relationship issues. Also entrepreneurs, real estate professionals, insurance sales professionals.
[13:43] - (BY) When we talked before, you mentioned everyone had 4 bodies: Tell me more: about what are the 4 bodies?
- Physical Body
- Mind Body (Conscious Mind)
- Heart Body (Emotions)
- Soul Body (Intuitive Body)
(JL) They're all connected, it's just we tend to use one more than the another. They're all part of a team, we want them to be all connected together so we can operating optimal and efficient way possible.
[18:20] - What were some actions steps you took to build your superpower?
[22:27] - Myth: What is a common myth about your field of expertise?
(JL) There is this myth that you have to be positive all the time.
Stop forcing positivity.
[23:14] - Universal law of rhythm.
[25:44] - (BY) For someone that might be stuck in a lower point in their life, if they're going through a situation where they may be feeling low, when is the right moment either be positive or be neutral?
(JL) I believe it's essential and important to have a positive mindset and outlook in life, just don't force that positivity.
When you say something that doesn't aligned with your heart, it's feel like you're lying to yourself if you're saying something that you don't feel.
1. Do you want to get out of your negative space?
2. If so, let's bring it to neutrality. Ask yourself why? Understand why you feel that way. Let's look into that so you can start to shift it.
[31:03] - If you blame something, you go into what's called your reptilian brain, the blame brain. There's no compassion in that, there's no curiosity in that.
[33:06] - (JL) Question to clients: Have you ever tried feeling through the anger, fear and sadness that you are avoiding?
[37:01] - (JL) Emotions: the actual hormones, the chemical hormones, it only takes 90 seconds to process through, if you allow it fully.
Why people get trapped is because they are not allowing themselves to fully feel it all the way.
[39:34] - (JL) Metaphors on how to shift perspectives on emotions.
4 Core Emotions: Anger, Fear, Sadness and Joy
1. Emotions are like toddlers.
2. Emotional clogs: When we don't feel through our emotions and they get stuck and they get trapped…when you feel through your emotions, you are actually able to dissolve those. If you don't it'll stay clogged. When they get stuck, it can manifest to physical ailments, relationship or financial issues.
[44:52] - (BY) If someone has the awareness that their IA (Internal Alternator) (or using your words, the heart body) is not working effectively, and want to feel more emotions, how does one determine or vet out if an energy worker is the right one for them?
[47:00] - (BY) On how to activate their Internal Alternator (IA): What is one thing you can share they can do?
[54:21] - (BY) You shared something with me on our last call that I really resonate with: Hurt does NOT heal over time: Tell me more about your thoughts behind this before I share mine.
- Frozen in time: Allow that part of you that's frozen in time, to feel what it wants to express, then give yourself the love and nurturing that your younger self needs to help get unstuck.
[1:01:08] - (BY) Action Steps: What are 1 to 2 action steps you recommend our audience can do to open up or activate their emotions in a gradual way?
1) Awareness: Notice what you're feeling in your body.
- Notice when you get triggered. There are trigger moments when somebody says something, you get angry or sad.
- Shadow journal
[1:03:14] - (JL) Gift of Love Exercise
2) Gift of Love Exercise: Close your eyes, think about all the things that make you happy, joyful, warm or feeling love. Imagine them all coming into your hands, and just imagine all those good things filling up into your hands, and then you grab that and take them into your heart, your body, and let it flow all the way through your body.
[1:05:30] - (BY) Time Machine: What is one thing you would tell yourself if you had an ability to travel back 10 years ago and share with your younger self?
Appreciate: Be grateful for all the support and love and opportunities you'd receive.
[1:08:56] - (BY) Where can our listeners find you?
- Jonathan's Website: http://www.thepowerfulyouniversity.com
[1:09:48] - There's a couple of great insights I got from today's interview, but the one that sticks out the most for me is that you don't have to force yourself to be positive.
Don't get me wrong, it's really important to have a positive, growth mindset, but at the same time, forcing yourself to be positive 100% of the time can be counterproductive.
The universal law of rhythm exists, and when you're feeling the highs and lows of the current chapter in your life, rather than suppressing, avoiding or replacing your negative emotions you might be feeling….Just be with it. Feel it and ask yourself why you may be feeling those emotions. What's the message or lesson it's trying to communicate with you? By fully feeling it and asking your inner child why you feel this way, you're allow your inner child that's frozen in time a chance to express itself. And when you give that emotion the space to fully express, it will feel it's been heard and can dissolve.
This may help you get to a neutral state of mind, which creates a safer environment for yourself to take that next step of becoming more positive.
The final takeaway I'd like to share is that if you allow your emotions to flow, you are allowing your mind body to connect with your heart body, and ultimately connecting with your soul body where your soul GPS resides. By allowing your heart to freely flow, you'll be able to learn how to trust and strengthen your intuition that can serve you well in life. YOU GOT THIS!
Don't just move your body, move your SOUL!
Want to feel more confidence, healing energy, or high energy? Subscribe to my Boom Vision community and I'm happy to share my personally, curated playlists!