Boom VisionTM Podcast
Ep. 60: Do You Feel Happy? A Holistic Guide to Activate Your Passion!
“Love life, engage in it, give it all you’ve got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it.” – Maya Angelou
Folks, do you find it hard to find your passion? Is passion and purpose the same thing? These feel like pretty big questions, I wonder if you find yourself asking these questions lately?
Quote: “If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily.” ―Jack Canfield
Boy, I totally resonate with Jack's quote. When you truly align with your purpose, you start attracting your desired reality, rather than feeling like you are chasing after it. The question of the century is, HOW?! In today's episode, I'm going to share a framework I recently used in a retreat that can help you get one step closer on activating your passion! I will share:
- What is your rhythm?
- Rowboat, Yacht, or Speedboat?
- Pro-Tip: How to use a ''circuit breaker' if you're feeling stuck
- Personal story: Honey - her wired programming
- I'll share action steps how you can reveal your joy and passion!
[2:26] Hi folks, welcome to episode 60 of the Boom Vision podcast!
We've got quite a show for you today on how to activate your passion in life! Earlier this month, I had an immense pleasure of facilitating part of a CEO retreat in Jackson Hole, WY. In one segment of the workshop, we talked about what is your SUN: What energizes you and brings your joy and happiness? What is your passion?
Do you live in the paradigm that: "Once I achieve X, then I’ll be happy.” That’s really no different than the Excel ‘Circular Reference’ Error!
[4:33] What is your rhythm?
You may have heard me share this analogy in Episode 58, where If your business or career was a vehicle, think of it in terms of a ship. Are you a Rowboat, Yacht, or Speedboat?
Quote: "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy,” - Rumi
[8:59] Takeaway: Do you feel the rhythm category you selected is in alignment with where you would have the most fun? Did this experience amplify a part of you that you already know, or reveal a part of you that you didn’t know about yourself?
[11:04] Pro Tip: If you're currently feeling stuck, or you just feel like you're in a funk, do what I call a "circuit breaker".
Story of Honey
[13:21] Personal Story: Honey, her hard-wired programming
[18:25] Action Steps
With that said, what are this week's ACTION STEPS?
- C - Calm Yourself: Calm yourself by taking a deep breathe, like the breathwork exercise 1 min. exercise. (subscribe below to get your free 1-minute breathwork file).
- A - Awareness: In that calm state, bring awareness to your body on how you are feeling. The awareness I want you to bring your attention to, is what makes me feel good? Ask yourself, what brings me passion?
- L - Language: I want you to pay attention to the thoughts that are going through your mind. What language do you use when you ask yourself this question:
- Do you prioritize self care in your life, or is that a low priority after serving everyone else?
- Do you seek the joy and laughter in life? Or are you just about finding solutions?
- Do you allow yourself the permission and space to play and explore the endless possibilities in our world on what can bring you joy?
- Or do is your language: once I achieve X, then I'll be happy?
Because the more you are in alignment your energy with JOY in your present moment, the easier it will be for you to REVEAL YOUR PASSION!
[20:37] Final Thoughts
Quote: “The purpose of dancing isn't to end up at a particular spot on the floor. The purpose of dancing and of life is to enjoy every moment and every step, regardless of where you are when the music ends.” - Wayne Dyer.
Share story of my daughter needing help. Instead of just solving a problem, I asked the question: how can this be fun?
You got this!!
I'd love to hear your thoughts, send me a DM on IG (@benjaminyeh). I'd love to hear if this resonates with you!
If you enjoyed today's episode, I encourage you to rate and review this show on Apple Podcast so that others can find this resource to help them start thriving in life.
Join our Boom Vision Community to access free digital download! Don't just move your body, move your SOUL!
Want to feel more confidence, healing energy, or high energy? Subscribe to my Boom Vision email list and get access to 3 of my curated playlists! + BONUS free digital download of my 1-Minute Breathwork Meditation Exercise!