Boom VisionTM Podcast
Ep. 56: Are You Focusing on Efficiency or Intensity?
"If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster." - Stephen Covey
Folks, which culture do you buy in more? Do you subscribe to the hustle and grind culture? Or do you subscribe to the work life balance more?
Quote: “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” — Stephen Covey
In today's episode, I'm going to share a coaching moment where I walk through how my client redefines his 2.0 version of himself. Instead of reliving the old hustle and grind mindset, what if he can go twice as far using half the effort? The power of efficiency out trumps intensity. I will share:
- Personal Story: Co-ed Volleyball League (brains vs brawns)
- Are you recognizing and maximizing your current flow of energy?
- What are you fueling your mind, body and soul?
- I'll share action steps how you can become more efficient vs intensity!
[1:50] Hi folks, welcome to episode 56 of the Boom Vision podcast!
In today's episode, I want to share a coaching moment that I recently had with my client, Mickey Lu. As you may recall, I invited Mickey to be our returning guest in Episode 53. In our coaching call last week, Mickey said something that prompted me to share this coaching moment. Mickey is has been redefining his company, his vision and direction, and in doin gso, he also has been redefining his work schedule, his work rhythm.
One comment he made in our call was, how does he bring the 'old' Mickey back? Back in his 20's and 30's, Mickey was a workaholic, a machine that can go non-stop. However, I told Mickey that after seeing his transformation in the past 2 years in working with him, I felt that 'old' version fo Mickey no longer resonated with the energy and frequency he's currently operating.
[3:13] Personal Story: Co-ed Volleyball League
Takeaway: What I learned from playing against this older team, was that efficiency can easily out trump intensity in the long run. It boils down to what exactly you choose to focus your energy and time on.
[4:23] What I shared with Mickey was this: How do you recognizng and maximize your current flow of energy?
"It's not about your resources, it's about your resourcefulness." - Tony Robbins
[9:44] Action Steps
With that said, what are this week's ACTION STEPS?
- C - Calm Yourself: Calm yourself by taking a deep breathe, like the breathwork exercise 1 min. exercise. (subscribe below to get your free 1-minute breathwork file).
- A - Awareness: In that calm state, bring awareness to your body on how you are feeling. The awareness I want you to bring your attention to, is what do you anchor your goals towards, and what is the WHY, your intentions of focusing on that goal?
- L - Language: I want you to pay attention to the thoughts that are going through your mind. What language do you use when you ask yourself this question:
- Are you looking to bring back a past version of yourself?
- Or are you seeking to redefine the new version of yourself?
- Do you value efficiency over intensity, or the other way around?
[10:52] Final Thoughts
Quote: “Simplicity is the soul of efficiency.” — Austin Freeman
I hope by sharing today's story, you can give yourself a moment to honestly assess who you are today, where you are at, and where you truly want to go. Sometimes getting to where you want to go in life You can sometimes get to where you want to go in life by simplifying your life, letting go of what doesn't serve you, removing that baggage in your trunk. By simplifying and carrying less mental weight, you by virtual will be lighter and go faster, using less energy. This will allow you to spend energy on what matters most to you, raise your vibration, so that you can start attracting the right people, the right opportunities, and realities that you truly want, rather than chasing them. You got this!!
I'd love to hear your thoughts, send me a DM on IG (@benjaminyeh). I'd love to hear if this resonates with you!
Join our Boom Vision Community to access free digital download! Don't just move your body, move your SOUL!
Want to feel more confidence, healing energy, or high energy? Subscribe to my Boom Vision email list and get access to 3 of my curated playlists! + BONUS free digital download of my 1-Minute Breathwork Meditation Exercise!