Boom VisionTM Podcast
Ep. 39: Cultivating Your Network: Knowing When to Hold'em and Fold'em
"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." – William Shakespeare
Folks, I'd like to ask you, are the top 5 people that you hang around with the most, are they your friends that nourish or deplete your energy? Do you find yourself feeling nurtured and positive with each interaction, or do you feel drained from energy?
Quote: "Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives." - Alexander Dumas
In today's episode, I'm going to share a follow up to my most downloaded solo episode last year, which is Networking: How to Build New, Impactful Relationships. How do you know if the person you are interacting with is supporting or depleting your growth? How do you know when to hold'em and when to fold'em? Tune in to find out what my simple method is to bring more awareness. In today's episode, I will share:
- Recap of the 5WG framework
- Simple equation to help you cultivate: 1+1 = 2, Infinity, or 0
- I'll share action steps how you can mindfully cultivate your inner circle!
[1:54] Hi folks, welcome back to episode 39 of the Boom Vision podcast!
When I was reviewing last year's progress, the most downloaded solo episode was Episode #23: Networking: Secret to Building New & Impactful Relationships. Realizing how much you are all interested in this topic, I wanted to create a follow-up episode to help you refine how you cultivate your soil your environment and network that is best align with you core being.
[2:38] - As a quick refresh, the secret framework I shared is what I called the 5WG
5W: Who, What, Where, When, Why:
- Who: Who are they? Their names.
- What: What do they do? What are their interests & passions?
- Where: Where did I meet them? Where are they from?
- When: When did I meet them? When is their birthday? Their anniversary, their kid's birthdays, etc.?
- Why: Why do they do what they do?
G: Stand for GIVE.
Before I leave a conversation, I ask myself 3 questions:
- Did I leave this conversation giving this person the gift of knowledge, something new they didn't know?
- Did I leave this conversation making this person feel better than they did before we started?
- Did I leave this conversation making this person feel heard? Do I give them the gift of space?
[5:07] There's a simple equation I think about: 1 + 1.
- 1+1=2 Transaction, say what they do, no hidden agenda. You know what to expect with neutral energy exchange.
- 1+1 = Infinity Infinity is when anything is possible. Meeting your brother or sister from another mother. You vibe and gel well, speaking to them, your energy is flowing and feels like anything is possible!
- 1+1=0 You leave the conversation where you feel your energy is depleted, drained. The other person might consciously or subconsciously be taking more than giving.
[8:28] Action Steps
- Infinities: Who are your infinities in your circle?
- 0's: Who are your 0's in your life that might be depleting your energy?
[11:03] Final Thoughts
Quote: "True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable." - David Tyson Gentry
Free Music Playlists! Don't just move your body, move your SOUL!
Want to feel more confidence, healing energy, or high energy? Subscribe to my Boom Vision community to access my free, personally curated playlists!